Who we are
Our website address is: https://barterbirds.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Overview of Classifieds
We provide these sites as a platform for users to connect with one another. We do not screen or control users who may sell or buy on Classifieds, nor do we review or authenticate all Classifieds listings and items offered for sale. Therefore, users of this service should be aware that:
- Sellers and buyers are completely and solely responsible for negotiating the purchase, sale and exchange of goods or services.
- Sellers and buyers must resolve any disputes that may arise from Classifieds transactions amongst themselves and without our involvement.
- Sellers and buyers are responsible for researching and complying with any applicable laws, regulations or restrictions on items, services, or manner of sale or exchange that may pertain to transactions in which they participate.
- Sellers and buyers are responsible for all applicable taxes and for all costs incurred by participating in this site.
Listing on BarterBirds
While using or accessing the site and services you will not:
- Offer to sell any item that is not in your possession, do not have the right to sell, or does not exist at the time the Classified is posted to the site;
- post, list or upload content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our sites;
- post identical advertisements in the same category and location;
- list more than one item per advertisement;
- breach or circumvent any laws, third party rights or our systems, policies, or determinations of your account status;
- use this service for any fraudulent activity or purpose, including collecting payment from buyers and not providing the item purchased or filing false claims for insurance payments;
- use our services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example if you are under 18), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our sites, services, applications or tools;
- fail to pay for items purchased by you, unless a clear typographical error is made, or you cannot contact the seller;
fail to deliver items sold by you, unless the buyer fails to follow the posted terms, or you cannot contact the buyer;
- manipulate the price of any item or interfere with other user’s listings;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content;
- post infringing material, including text and pictures;
- post content that is obscene, offensive, harmful to minors, or invasive of anyone’s privacy;
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm the site, or the interests or property of our users;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access our services for any purpose;
- sell under an individual account rather than a dealer account if using the site as a hobby, or other improper use of account type.
- list items that are not product specific, such as items that are vague in nature;
- list items that promote a service, contain editorial content, or link to auctions or other web sites promoting ads or images;
- interfere with the working of our Services, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- solicit users to post on other classifieds sites or link to other classified sites
- copy, modify, or distribute rights or content from our services or our copyrights and trademarks;
- copy, reproduce, reverse engineer, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly display any content (except for your information) from our sites, services, applications, or tools without our prior express written permission and the appropriate third party, as applicable;
- commercialize any application or any information or software associated with such application; or
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent.
We may cancel any Classified, unconfirmed accounts, or accounts that have been inactive for a long time or modify or discontinue our services at any time.